Account Based Marketing Manager (Oil & Gas)
• Houston, TX
Account Based Marketing Manager (Oil & Gas)
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full-Time
The Account-Based Marketing Manager (oil and gas) will be responsible for implementing account based marketing programs to win, develop and retain business within a select group of Wood Mackenzie’s global and regional priority oil and gas accounts. Working in close alignment with sales stakeholders the Account-Based Marketing Manager will identify a structured approach to customization, building deep and relevant relationships in top tier accounts to create demand, drive retention and customer advocacy for Wood Mackenzie's broad portfolio of research services.
The role sits within the regional marketing team and demands a highly targeted approach, due to size and complexity of the accounts, which involves tailoring relevant and personalized campaigns. By creating meaningful engagement with clients and prospects in digital, face to face, and other marketing channels, the successful candidate will be looked to as a critical resource and a creative thought leader for the preservation and growth of those accounts.
A demonstrated understanding of key account marketing mix optimization is a must, along with an ability to build productive working relationships within a matrix, multifunctional organization across multiple business units and time zones.
We're looking for someone who is a natural learner, collaborative by nature, and committed to excellence in every respect.
This is a full-time position based at our Houston, TX offices with minimal travel expected.
- Co-ownership of the regional ABM marketing plan and budget
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans as part of the account planning process for select customers.
- Work with Global Priority Account Teams, Regional Priority Account Teams, Product Managers, and Marketing to coordinate activity and support the objectives of the accounts globally and by region.
- Develop value propositions relevant to the priority communities, user workflows and business objectives for the account.
- Design a program that will develop a strategic commercial relationship with these key accounts; focusing on retention, demand generation, and customer advocacy.
- Position and communicate the account-based marketing program in region with associated reporting of commercial progress.
- Understanding client communities
- Consistently manage a commercial view of priority accounts and business objectives while understanding their drivers, growth objectives and issues, in order to develop and uphold an account-based marketing program that satisfies client needs profitably for Wood Mackenzie.
- Develop an understanding of our energy and metals and mining research portfolio, in order to develop the key messages within the priority accounts.
- Work across functions to help develop the account plan by client need and workflow.
- Campaign, events and lead management
- Work with sales, research, consulting, regional marketing, PR and web teams in the development and implementation of campaign plans, objectives, targets, and results metrics.
- Implement an appropriate events plan for priority accounts that is fully aligned to campaign activity, included but not limited to client awareness days, external events, and webinars.
- Ensure awareness is raised, internally and externally, about participation in such activities, working with PR and the web team.
- Become a subject matter expert for a variety of analytics, reporting, and dashboard systems.
- Communications materials development:
- Develop key account tool kit for global use, ensuring all templates and materials are produced in collaboration with the in-house Design and Print team.
- Share best practice and methodologies with the broader marketing team to facilitate dissemination of account-based marketing campaigns to other accounts.
- Ensure consistent brand exposure and messaging in all internal and external communications.
- Build strong working relationships within account teams, marketing, research, consulting and other project team members across the business.
- Collaborate with the marketing team around successes and failures, to drive best practice and tool kit efficiencies for global use.
- Provide first class customer service, ensuring that requirements are met to agreed timescales and standards, keeping internal and external customers informed, with expectations managed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a B2B marketing management position supported by a proven track record of relationship-building and revenue growth attributable to your strategic vision and execution. Experience in strategic B2B account marketing, aligned closely with sales, is highly desirable.
- A strong understanding of client-centric marketing activities including communications planning experience utilizing direct, digital, and experiential channels
- Exceptional project and budget management experience with marketing campaigns at every phase of deployment- creating, organizing, implementing, monitoring, and adjusting multiple projects at the same time while meeting all deadlines for deliverables
- Natural networker and professional relationship builder, in and out of the workplace
- Knowledge of reporting techniques with the ability to provide relevant, accurate data and analyses to influence business planning and strategy
- Excellent communicator with superb copywriting and presentation skills and the proven ability to present complex offerings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or energy-related field; MBA preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of experience and proficiency with Salesforce (or comparable CRM), email marketing software (e.g., ExactTarget, Silverpop, CheetahMail, etc.), web conferencing applications (WebEx, Go To Meeting, etc.), and MS Office products
- Hands-on experience with event management and coordination
- Keen understanding of social media etiquette and how to use various platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to build credibility and network effectively
- Key account acquisition and retention
- Strategic B2B marketing and planning
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Project and budget management
- Statistical data analysis and reporting
Interested? Contact Mark Bonilla on (+1) 713 405 1846 or Apply Online ›