We have an opportunity for an Associate to join our Corporate Department who deal with all types of corporate transactions, UK-wide and often with an international dimension.
The Practice encompasses all aspects of corporate, commercial and transactional advice for an extensive range of established clients, with particular focus on the following areas: mergers and acquisitions; private equity; financial services; capital markets; joint ventures; contracts and outsourcing; restructuring, corporate recovery and insolvency; and general corporate advice.
Role Purpose: To carry out a wide range of corporate work as part of a large dedicated corporate team, with particular emphasis on M&A, PE, joint ventures, commercial contracts and general corporate advice. Experience of cross border transactions and/or an appreciation of tax issues/structures would be an advantage.
• To carry out client instructions and coordinate and liaise with specialist lawyers as required.
• To advise clients on legal aspects of transactions, delegating to junior lawyers and escalating to partner level as appropriate.
• To negotiate with other solicitors, escalating to partner level when necessary.
• To draft correspondence to clients/other solicitors.
• To prioritise and deal with incoming correspondence from clients/other solicitors.
• To complete all necessary administrative documentation, e.g. time recording.
• To draft fee notes, liaise with administrative support staff and support other fee earners as necessary.
• To be proactive in relation to Business Development.
• To promote the company corporate image at all external functions.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
• General corporate advisory
• Joint Ventures
• Commercial Contracts
• IT Literacy
• Teamwork - Maintains productive and harmonious relationships within own team and across the firm to achieve objectives. Promotes team based working and shares knowledge.
• Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Adaptability to change - Is receptive to changing requirements in the job and the firm.
Adapts approach to meet new priorities and able to promote new ideas and improvements
• Customer focus - Proactive in identifying and addressing the needs of clients and internal customers to ensure the delivery of valuable and efficient services
• Problem Solving - Analyses problems and information, evaluates options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate solutions. Bases decisions on sound judgement and initiative.
• Achievement - Displays a high degree of commitment and purpose in pursuing objectives. Prioritises, plans and organises workload. Focused and energetic in ensuring tasks are carried through to successful completion.
• Personal Effectiveness - Projects confidence, self-motivation and enthusiasm. Displays a positive attitude and demonstrates self-control when under pressure.
Client Care Standards:
• We Will Be Enthusiastic
• We Will Be Open and Accessible
• We Will Communicate and be Commercial
• We Will Act with Integrity
Interested? Contact Aimee O'Connor on +44 (0)7921 399 521 or Apply Online ›